ROLE: Project Engineer - Construction
· Engineering degree
· 3-5 years experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Coordination and negotiation skills
· Technical knowledge and profit minded.
· Methodical, have authority, be available, attentive, able to be objective, be tenacious and have a sense of responsibility.
KEY RESULT AREAS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In charge, depending on the size of the project, of a section (structural works, architectural trades, M&E, external works) or of part of a section.
2. Participate in defining objectives on technical, financial and human issues.
3. Help in detailed preparation of the structure: construction schedule, technical options, drafting of documents, etc.
4. Participate in the consultation and appointment of suppliers and sub-contractors.
5. Contribute to the financial viability study of the project: comparative summaries of calls for tender, etc.
6. Coordinate the works (Structural Works, Architectural Trades, M&E, external works) and get them executed through in- house production or supervise until handover, in accordance with the contract.
7. Check the progress schedules and, if necessary, modifie them along the lines suggested by the Senior Site Engineer.
8. Manage site staff, ensuring health and safety rules are respected (regular inspections), manages equipment and materials.
9. Under the authority of the Senior Site Engineer, deal with the client (schedule and quality) as well as technical testing.
10. Take part in the Sustainable Development policy
11. Contribute to contractual matters (schedules, for example) and takes part in site reporting