ROLE: Senior Planner
Take the lead for the planning of all the mechanical and electrical activities and tunnel fit out.
· Degree qualified in Engineering
· Minimum of 10 years' experience in construction, Project Controls, Services Engineering and Planning.
· Experience in the planning process and the use of risk management.
· Experience in managing planning of major services systems in Projects as well as commissioning and setting to work.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
· Expert in developing project plans in accordance with organisational procedures and guidelines.
· Seasoned in planning software e.g. Analysis software, Program Forensic Analysis Software, 4D Modelling software, Production Reporting and pre-planned maintenance activities.
· Ability to contribute to the development and/or revising strategic direction for services sections of projects or programs.
· Ability to develop integrated planning tools for services commissioning and integrated testing.
· Intermediate to advanced computer skills in most MS office and Primavera P6 applications.
· Project Management Software EG: MS Office Project; Prima Facie, Primavera P3/P6
· Skills in developing, analysing and reporting on project performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance.
KEY RESULT AREAS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To ensure that the project is planned such that the time aspects of the project are controlled thus optimising resources and minimising construction costs.
· To assist in producing robust planning options throughout execution by providing an effective and efficient planning service to the projects undertaken.
· To assist in the production of project planning reports and controls as directed by planning lead.
· Ensure project planning activities are conducted in accordance with the project Programme Management Plan, Policies and procedures as well as the Building Code for the construction industry and relevant implementation guidelines.
· Assist the Planning team in establishing the project financial costing systems, including planning, programming, monitoring and reporting against Programmes to ensure that project time goals are met or exceeded.