ROLE: Safety Advisor
· To provide support, coordination and advice of safety practices, systems and procedures within a defined workplaces.
· To monitor compliance with the safety systems and procedures within the workplace and provide operational support to the Project Management Team.
· To assist with workers compensation claims and rehabilitation processes.
· To support management and dissemination of information.
· Advanced Diploma Safety or Safety Lead Auditor Qualification (within Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
· (Desirable qualification) Bachelor degree in Quality, Safety, Environmental, Project Management or other associated disciplines
· Safety Practitioner (4 years)
· Construction/Mining/Oil & Gas Industry (3 years)
· Risk Management practices (2-3 years)
· Workplace trainer (2-3 years)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
· Skills in safety management techniques and tools.
· Quantitative and qualitative risk assessment and development and monitoring of risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects.
· Data gathering and statistical and trend analysis.
· Conducting and interpreting audits and reviews.
· Monitoring, reviewing, reporting and continuous improvement on performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance.
· Skill in interpreting project related documents and preparing reports and monitoring compliance documentation
· Skill in identifying Safety improvements to systems, processes and/or products within a project.
· Relevant computer software packages; use of basic functions of word processing, spread sheet and email software.
· Skill in supporting stakeholder groups and Teams within area of responsibility such communicating with frontline employees and first line managers.
· Facilitation of small groups
· Knowledge of Safety & Rehabilitation Management Systems and relevant IMS procedures.
· Knowledge of how to locate and research relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice to Safety industry requirements.
· Knowledge of The Alliance safe work systems and procedures and processes and other management systems and procedures, e.g. Environmental and safety Management Systems.
· Knowledge of auditing, safety inspections and compliance reporting procedures and processes.
· Knowledge of project risk management procedures and processes.
· Knowledge of where to locate Safety legislation and statutes and how to adequately research Project requirements.
· Knowledge of compliance and reporting procedures and processes.
· Knowledge of document compliance procedures and processes and understanding of technology to support Safety systems.
· Knowledge of low level investigation and reporting requirements.
KEY RESULT AREAS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain regular visibility across the workplace, building relationships with internal stakeholders.
· Assist with project operational safety risk and opportunity assessment and controls.
· Support the project team to consider safety requirements throughout project planning and delivery and implement appropriate safety controls
· Assist in development of PSA/Safety Trainees.
· Understand and actively work to achieve KPI’s set for safety team.
· Participate in Performance Review.
· Provide guidance and assistance to workplace personnel for the effect implementation of health and safety within the workplace
· Review specific planned works (high risk) to be undertaken to ensure compliance with the method of work.
· Provide support in the development of strategic planning material, presentations or documentation as directed by the RSM, OSM or Project as appropriate.
· Assist in supporting workplaces to ensure the workplace management plan and strategies are implemented, monitored and reviewed and any deficiencies and corrective actions are implemented.
· Perform all tasks assigned to you with respect to the realization of positive performance indicators mandated by your Business Unit, e.g. Monthly Safety Activity Summaries and Personal Safety Activity Summaries