Supervise the day-to-day on-site work of construction workers, sub-contractors and apprentices to ensure work is delivered in accordance with well documented, short-term work programmes.
- Relevant tertiary and/or vocational qualifications in a related technical discipline, combined with fundamental subject matter knowledge and developing people management skills.
- Experience in a site supervisory or experienced site operations role, and/or knowledge of the construction and property development industries, project management principles, and the relevant legislation (including Occupational Health and Safety regulations).
- Typically incumbents require a relevant Occupational Heath and Safety certification.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Communication and interpersonal skills for liaising with team members at all levels. Competencies include: Accountability, Big Picture Thinking, Clarity in Communication, Customer Driven, Developing Future Leaders, Focus, Judgement, Team Building, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, and Interpersonal Ability.
KEY RESULT AREAS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the daily, on-site work of construction workers, sub-contractors and apprentices, and mentor staff, contributing to performance reviews and development plans to ensure staff are resourced to perform required work.
- Develop and implement short-term construction programmes, and execute medium-term programmes set by Site/Project Engineers to monitor and report on construction progress against programmes. Supervise and inspect daily work of Construction Workers and sub-contractors to ensure works are undertaken to documented procedures and in accordance with quality standards.
- Collate and supply relevant quality assurance and project documentation for Site/Project Engineer to support informed decision making. Monitor and control the use of materials and equipment to minimise unnecessary waste and authorise the procurement of supplies within the defined parameters of established site/project budgets.
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure all areas comply with relevant health and safety standards, taking immediate action as required to mitigate potential risks to staff. Support team members through training and feedback, to encourage and develop internal capabilities and ensure team members are adequately resourced to perform.