Electrical engineers design, develop and maintain electrical control systems and components to required specifications. They focus on economy, quality, reliability, safety and sustainability.
Electrical engineers are involved in projects from the concept and detail of the design, through to implementation, testing and handover. They may be involved in maintenance programs.
As well as having technical knowledge, electrical engineers need to be able to project manage and multitask. They also need to have commercial awareness. Additional attributes, such as team leadership or management skills, are required as careers progress.
Electrical engineers work in a range of sectors. They can be multinational, multifaceted companies that cover a variety of industries, or small to medium-sized specialist enterprises. They include:
- Transport organizations, including road and rail networks;
- Manufacture and industrial production organizations across a range of products;
- The construction and building services industry;
- Power and renewable energy companies;
- Specialist engineering and consultancy firms;
- Telecommunications companies;
- Petrochemical industries in production and distribution;
- Research and development companies in the defense-related industries;
- The armed forces, mainly the technical corps.
The prime responsibilities of Electrical Engineer are:
Most electrical engineers work in a multi-disciplinary project team, which is likely to include engineers from other specialist areas as well as architects, marketing and sales staff, manufacturers, technicians and customer service personnel.
Depending on the employer, electrical engineers may be involved in all parts of the design and development process or just one particular stage. While the work can vary according to the industry, common tasks include:
- Supports the development of various project disciplines from an electrical
- engineering strategy perspective and define acceptable project engineering and processes
- Preparation of all electrical engineering designs in collaboration with drafting teams
- Preparing reports, specifications, project tender documents, fee proposals
- Communicating and meeting with the client, contractors to define requirements, provide technical and construction support
- Provide technical reviews and support on projects, including provision of technical direction, compliance with regulatory requirements and relevant standards, procedures, and risk management processes
- Ensuring cost and time efficiency while maintaining quality and safety
- Actively identifies and drives implementation of improvement initiatives to increase capital efficiency, productivity and safety
Qualifications and Experience:
- Years of Experience: 2 -3 years of relevant practical professional experience.
- Education: At least a degree level of Education.
- Ability to work outside
- Attention to detail
- Fit and strong worker
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Planning and organizational skills